Published on julio 22nd, 2010 | by admin0
23 Essential Social Media Resources You May Have Missed.
We know, it’s summer in some parts of the world — you don’t want to stay indoors all day everyday. Well don’t worry, even if you missed some of Mashable’s social media resources while out frolicking we’ve got another great list of resources from the past week to get you all caught up.
Below you’ll find our weekly power-guide to the best social media resources this side of the ‘Net. This edition includes a ton of business resources for the social-media-savvy entrepreneur and even some quirky facts (LOL used to mean “Little Old Lady”?). Whatever your passion, dig in and enjoy.
- 10 Cool Facebook Status Tips and Tricks
Here are 10 how-to tips to help you get the most out of your Facebook status update, from features to apps, Easter eggs, jokes and more.
- 13 Internet Slangs with Unexpected Alternate Meanings
We’ve collected 13 internet slangs and acronyms with unexpected alternative meanings, ranging from downright unpredictable to hilariously ironic. ROFL!
- 5 Handy YouTube Channels for DIY and Home Improvement
You know you are Mr/Ms Fix It waiting to happen. These five YouTube () channels will guide you on your home improvement quest.
- 5 Ways Social Media Helps Promote Good Health
Getting healthy and staying healthy can be tricky on your own. Social media is providing new ways to build healthy communities and find cures.
- How You Can Do Good with Small Actions: Try Bolder
It’s easier than ever to do good using social media. Bolder helps motivate businesses and brands to donate and create change.
- Musicians Can Help Each Other Get Famous with New Site
Headliner is a real-time social media recommendation exchange for artists and bands.
- How Rdio Makes Your Music Mix Social
Rdio is a new way to share and discover great music. We break down the features and offer you some free invites to try it out.
- 6 Crucial Social Media Tips for Traditional Media
Now more than ever, traditional media outlets are embracing social media for generating story ledes, increasing site traffic and creating conversation with readers.
Tech & Mobile
- HOW TO: Optimize Your Mobile Site Across Multiple Platforms
One of the most difficult aspects of designing for the mobile web is making your site compatible and accessible across different devices. Read on for tips to minimize that problem.
- 10 Tools for Distributed Developer Teams
Now that we don’t all have to be in the same room to fiddle around with punch cards, the era of online connectivity is allowing for unprecedented freedom in how, where and when we work. Here are 10 tools for distributed developer teams.
- 10 Free Wireframing Tools for Designers
Wireframing is a crucial step in web design as it allows for rapid prototyping and helps to pinpoint potential problems early in the process. Here are 10 free wireframing tools.
- How Hollywood Is Finally Cashing in on Web Video
Hollywood has woken up and realized there is money to be made in web video. Many celebs are teaming up with advertisers to bring viewers sponsored and branded content.
- How Non-Profits Can Maximize a Foursquare Account
Foursquare’s () location-based network offers a unique brand of customer loyalty that can help non-profits connect with and expand their audience.
- HOW TO: Optimize Your Site for Search Engine Marketing
While social media may have the media’s attention, search still trumps all when it comes to driving traffic and being discovered by potential new customers.
- 5 Non-Profit iPhone Apps You Should Know About
The ‘net is going mobile, and non-profits are joining in with branded apps to reach supporters, raise money, and deliver their missions in new and innovative ways.
- 12 Clever Social Media-Friendly Business Cards
While virtual business cards are becoming a viable alternative to paper cards, there is still a huge demand for traditional business cards. Here are 12 biz cards that integrate social media.
- Keep Track of Business Contacts Anywhere on the Web
Noteleaf helps you remember the people you meet. Easily take notes about people and keep in touch using follow-up reminders.
- HOW TO: Use Game Mechanics to Power Your Business
Gaming incentives are a great way to make your business model “sticky,” but implementing them effectively can be a challenge. These four tips can help.
- How Real-Time Data is Changing Business Optimization
Business owners want to stay on top of their analytics. Real-time data could offer new opportunities to learn and improve your company’s performance online.
- 5 Tips for Managing Your Company’s Brand on the Web
An inside look at the strategies of industry leaders who’ve spent years figuring out how to implement practical management practices into their daily work routines.
- Why You Should Be Your Own Toughest Competitor
Success requires constant reinvention and evolution. By being your own toughest competitor, you are always improving your product and company.
- 5 Online Tools for Answering Your Small Business Questions
Here are a five online tools for connecting with experts who may have answers to your small business questions.
- Why Complaining Customers Can Be Good For Your Business
Normally we don’t want customers to complain, but sometimes an unhappy customer can improve your business and be a smart way to succeed.
[Image Credit: Nitin Garg]